A recent study by Nielsen asked consumers how they would like to receive updates from a brand. 90 percent of the customers selected newsletters while only 10 percent opted for Facebook.
E-newsletters are one of the most powerful and cost-effective tools to stay in front of your existing customers and build loyalty. An email newsletter with features on offers, upcoming events, new products or services, testimonials, case studies, etc. is a simple and effective medium to drive repeat purchases.
Here are some reasons why sending newsletters is important and can help you achieve your business objectives.
- Remind Customers About Your Brand: Customers are busy and do not have the time or mind-space to think about your business. Sending newsletters in a personal, presentable and professional way reminds them about your product/service and helps you stay in front of them.
- Drive Sales: As per Convince & Convert, 44 percent of email subscribers made at least one purchase based on a promotional email they received in 2015. When a recipient views your email, you get a chance to show off the best features of your products and services. For the years you missed sending out newsletters, think of how many sales opportunities you lost.
- Demonstrate Authority And Expertise: Creating a valuable and informative newsletter enables customers to perceive you as an industry leader and expert in your domain. Share a story about your brand, a link to a case study that describes how you solved a customer’s problem, provide expert tips or demonstrate success in a particular instance. All these things give readers a reason to trust you, creating a loyal customer base for your business.
- Drive Traffic To Your Website: According to Salesforce, 82 percent of customers open emails received from businesses. Newsletters play a crucial role in driving traffic to your website. You can also track user activity on your website, and create customized content to move them to the point of sale moment.
- Boost Your Social Media Following: As per Salesforce, emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158 percent higher click-through rate. Engaging customers with your newsletters and then executing the activity on social media is a great way to nudge them to your social media accounts and turn them into followers. Thus reducing your long term marketing costs.
If you haven’t created a newsletter, start right away!
Creating newsletters is simple and easy. They need not be long and boring. Instead of sending a long monthly newsletter you can try sending shorter semi-monthly or even weekly ones. Try focusing on a single goal while sending your newsletters as this will help you to get on track and stay on schedule. Whatever your goals are, producing a high-quality newsletter will help you connect better with the outside world.
If you have more ideas and tips for building a high-quality newsletter, do share your thoughts by posting your comments below. We would love to read them and give credit to the ones worth sharing.
Want to know more about us and our services? Click Here.